In 1921, Sam Blackman opened a small plumbing supply company in Brooklyn, NY.
Today, Blackman has grown into one of the nation’s leading suppliers of plumbing, heating, waterworks, HVAC and pipe fabrication services. We’re proud to offer exceptional customer service—along with decades of knowledge and experience—that keeps our customers coming back. Blackman offers fully stocked branches and showrooms located throughout metropolitan New York, New Jersey, and West Palm Beach, Florida.
- Blackman is purchased by 13 members of the management team, together with President/Chief Executive Officer Robert Mannheimer, from the Estate and Trust of Richard Blackman.
- Blackman opens a 7,000-square-foot showroom in West Palm Beach, making it the first Blackman location in Florida.
- Blackman opens TotalFab, a state-of-the-art pipe fabrication shop.
- After signing a historic deal with American Standard and Toto, Blackman becomes a stocking distributor of all three major plumbing brands: Kohler, American Standard and Toto.
- Richard Blackman, son of founder Sam Blackman passes away at the age 79. Robert Mannheimer named President, CEO, and Chairman of the Board.
- Blackman acquires The Ridgewood Corporation of New Jersey.
- The company’s headquarters is relocated from Bethpage, New York, to Bayport, New York and opens a new, state-of-the-art, 250,000-square-foot Distribution Center.
- Blackman acquires North Point Plumbing Supply, making it Blackman’s Rocky Point, New York branch.
- Blackman acquires Lakeland Plumbing Supply (eventually becoming the Bohemia, New York branch).
- The first Manhattan location is opened at 85 5th Avenue.
- Blackman enters the HVAC business.
- The company’s headquarters move from Flushing, New York to Bethpage, New York.
- Richard Blackman succeeds his father as CEO of Blackman Plumbing Supply.
- The company expands into the Long Island market and opens the Lynbrook, New York branch.
- Blackman opens its Flushing, New York branch.
- The first Blackman location opens in Brooklyn, New York.